BMSB Season 2020-21
In order to provide clarity at season's end, it is important to note that Goods must be treated if exported between 1 September 2020 and 30 April 2021 inclusive.
Whilst the measures remain consistent with the 2019-2020 BMSB risk season; Portugal, Ukraine and Moldova have been added to the target risk countries list.
Please note that we strongly advise viewing the 2020/2021 BMSB web page when it goes live to ensure your shipments will meet all requirements
Target risk country
Any target high risk or target risk goods which are manufactured in, or shipped from the target risk countries will be subject to BMSB seasonal measures.
Any vessel that berths at, loads or tranships from the target risk countries also subject to BMSB seasonal measures.
(heightened vessel surveillance will be the only measure applied).
|Portugal||Republic of North Macedonia||Romania||Russia||Serbia|
|Ukraine||United States of America|
Target high risk goods
For the 202021 risk season the following tariff classifications have been categorised as target high risk goods and will require mandatory treatment for BMSB. Mandatory offshore treatment of target high risk goods shipped as break bulk (including goods shipped in open top containers or on flat rack containers) will be required. Untreated break bulk identified on arrival will be denied discharge and directed for export on arrival.
- 36 - Explosives; pyrotechnic products; matches; pyrophoric alloys; certain combustible preparations
- 44 - Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal 45 - Cork and articles of cork
- 57 - Carpets and other textile floor coverings 68 - Articles of stone, plaster, cement, asbestos, mica or similar materials
- 69 - Ceramic products including sub chapters I and II 70 Glass and glass ware 72 - Iron and steel - including sub chapters I, II, III, IV
- 73 - Articles of iron or steel 74 - Copper and articles thereof 75 - Nickel and articles thereof
- 76 - Aluminium and articles thereof 78 - Lead and articles thereof 79 - Zinc and articles thereof
- 80 - Tin and articles thereof 81 - Other base metals; cermets; articles thereof
- 82 - Tools, implements, cutlery, spoons and forks, of base metal; parts thereof of base metal
- 83 - Miscellaneous articles of base metals 84 - Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof
- 85 - Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles
- 86 - Railway or tramway locomotives, rollingstock and parts thereof; railway or tramway track fixtures and fittings and parts thereof; mechanical (including electro-mechanical) traffic signalling equipment of all kinds
- 87 - Vehicles other than railway or tramwayrolling-stock, and parts and accessories thereof
- 88 - Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof 89 - Ships, boats and floating structures
- 93 - Arms and ammunition; parts and accessories thereof
For the official Government Departure of Agriculture, Please refer to this link: https://www.agriculture.gov.au/import/before/brown-marmorated-stink-bugs
Download the Documentation Including the Full List of Affected Counties Here: BMSB 2020-21